This may be the most important message of the year regarding your eating plan for 2014.
If you use these 4 strategies with every meal, I guarantee you’ll have an amazing physical transformation this year…
1) Pay attention to the cooking method
The way a meal is cooked determines how many calories, how much added fat, and the number of nutrients that survive. This simple factor will make or break your weight loss goal.
Avoid foods prepared like this:
- Fried and battered
- Processed and packaged
- Doused with cream souce
Choose foods that are prepared like this:
2) Your meal should be mostly protein
The bulk of your calories should be coming from a quality source of protein. With the first guideline in mind, these will be high quality, healthfully prepared.
Good choices of protein include:
- Lean red meat
3) Include lots of fiber
Fiber is a huge part of eating healthy and being lean. Fibrous foods will fill you up while delivering vitamins and nutrient in low-calorie packages. Fill at least two thirds of your plate with fibrous vegetables.
- Seasonal vegetables
4) Lay off the starches
Here’s where many well-meaning dieters lose it. The facts are simple, in order to maintain the low-carb, high protein diet required for healthy weight loss, there is no room for starchy foods.
Starches to Avoid:
- Rice and cereal
- Bread and crackers
For faster results, pair your clean eating with a challenging exercise routine.
If you’re serious about transforming your body then call 954-292-4105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today to set up a consultation with me. Together we will create the perfect program that will quickly get you into the body that you deserve.
Don’t wait! Let’s get started today…
The 80-20 Rule
In order to achieve the amazing fitness result of a lean and toned body you’ll have to workout hard and eat right…at least 80% of the time.
Don’t fall into the trap of feeling like you have to eat perfectly and exercise hard every single day. Then if (when) you fail to meet that unreasonable expectation, you fall off the fitness wagon.
You can’t win by having a ‘100% or nothing’ attitude towards fitness. You’re human, you’re going to have a bad day, a sick day or just an off day. Allow yourself 20% of grace and be sure to workout hard and eat like a champion the other 80% of the time.
Chinese Zucchini Noodle Bowls with Pork Meatballs
Using a spiral slicer to turn zucchini into long, noodle strands is a fantastic way to enjoy comfort food without guilt. These Chinese Noodle bowls are filled with flavor, fiber and lots of tasty protein. Meals like this are exactly what you need to reach your fitness goals. Servings: 6
Here’s what you need…
For the MeatBalls
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5-Spice powder
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
For the Noodle Bowls
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 5 organic zucchini, peeled and run through a spiral slicer
For the MeatBalls
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the meatball ingredients. Mix well with your hands until all of the ingredients are evenly combined. Form golf ball sized balls and place on the wire rack. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until fully cooked.
For the Noodle Bowls
- In a large soup pot, place the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, onions, and bell pepper. Cook for 4 minutes. Add the bok choy and cook for another 4 minutes. Add the broth and coconut aminos. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove all of the green skin from the zucchini. Cut each zucchini in half, width-wise, and use a spiral slicer to create long, angel-hair noodles. Add the noodles and the cooked meatballs to the soup pot. Simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Serve in shallow bowls, drizzled with sesame oil and sprinkled with minced green onion. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 199 calories, 18g fat, 170mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 18g protein.